Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Nutcracker Ballet


Last evening I went into the City of Rochester, to The Eastman School of Music's, Eastman Theatre to enjoy the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra and the Rochester City Ballet in their annual Holiday performance of The Nutcracker Ballet. It is really a nice and fitting way to start the Christmas Holiday season.

I liked the imaginative interpretation of this production by its Director. This was my first performance in the newly refurbished and downsized Eastman Theatre as well. Now there are box seats along both sides in compartments of 2 or 4 clustered seats, that were totally new to me.

I sat in the front row center section of the Mezzanine and it was perfect., a great view of the stage. Enjoyable.

But I could not help but think many times throughout the evening of just sitting in Prague's 'gold leafed adorned' National Theatre just One year ago, watching The Nutcracker Ballet on a cold rainy evening, with really nice company. Hezky.

No comments:

Post a Comment