Monday, March 28, 2011

First Big Decision - a Car


I thought it would be much easier to select a Car upon my return to the states. However I found it less fun and more challenging than I had imagined.

But After much looking on-line through various resources, then going to look at and test drive various vehicles, I finally decided to buy this one: a used 2003 Toyota Camry LE. I picked it up Saturday afternoon.

I have owned several Camry's in the past and know they are reliable with relatively little repair costs and that is what I need at this time; something reliable with hopefully very little extra infusion of cash over the next months.

This car looks to be in great shape and drives nicely. It was a bit more than I initially wanted to spend, but I am looking at it as an "investment"(ha ha): something a bit newer and a bit more money, but will likely yield a little less monthly maintenance expense and a quicker resale a year down the road.

so...to my friends in CZ... here is a picture of what I bought, in case you might be interested.

The cost to insure this car for collision and liability per year: $852 USD

NOTE: But !! I AM missing the trams, metros, buses of Prague AND walking!!!, that allowed me such pleasure in Praha. But, One MUST have a car in the US however.

1 comment: