Sunday, March 27, 2011

M&Ms vs Lentilky


Seems I am on a Chocolate focus....

M&M candies are classically American I guess, even though there is the Czech equivalent: Lentilky. M&Ms are manufactured by Mars Candy Company; same as the M&M's which are sold in Prague as well(the small darker packet at the top right of the photo that I found in Tesco). M&M's are bright multicolored candies, with a thin crisp crunchy outer candy 'shell' covering an interior of milk chocolate.

Lentilky's. the Czech equivalent, are similar but I found them to be ever so slightly larger than an M&M, multicolored as well, but more subdued; not as brightly colored as M&Ms and both the chocolate inside and the crisp candy coating outside seem to be slightly harder, with the candy coating crunchier ( Yes, I think so, even though a student friend told me I was incorrect )... I also note that the candy coating on Lentilky have a very faint fruity flavor. no?

M&M's are sold mostly in small and large bags but can be found in "novelty" plastic toys as well.

Lentilky's standard packaging are long and short tubes and small rectangular boxes plus they can be found in hollow chocolate shaped novelty candies during holiday times; such as pictured above and in egg shapes at both Christmas and Easter.

2 comments:

  1. what is better is just about personal preference, it seems Lentilky have a bit more crunchy cover (thicker sugar coating), and M&Ms got a bit more chocolate flavour(maybe darker chocolate). I simply like both :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Think That The Lentilky Have a Honey Shell

    ReplyDelete