Monday, May 16, 2011

Two months today

Hard to believe I have been in Rochester(Fairport) for two full months as of today, the 16th of May. I flew into JFK from Prague on the 16th of March. Time goes fast; faster than one wishes to believe...

This past Saturday, I went to my favorite 'haunt'; the bar at Woodcliff to enjoy a glass of wine, some Jazz and do some writing, as I used to do in Prague while enjoying a glass of wine. I didn't know what I might write.

I took along a blank "Krtek" writing booklet that I bought at Luxor (I still have a few blank ones). As I sat there, I began writing...

In the next hour or so, I had written a list of 115 (115!) reasons I miss Prague.
(and I did not even list peoples names to make the list long;-)

From number One; to missing all my Friends over there in Prague; to the sound of the Trams as they stop, then start up again(their characteristic humm/whine); from missing walking through Lucerná Pažaž under Černy's horse; to walking cobblestone streets in the rain; from missing a cool glass of Czech bilý vino; to a frothy cup of piping hot cappuccino at Kávovarna.

The list I wrote developed like spilled water running over a table top.

No comments:

Post a Comment