Friday, April 15, 2011

CZ Prices vs. US Prices then plus tax

I really got used to paying one price while in the Czech Republic. The price shown on the item is the total you have to pay and includes any and all applicable taxes.

So If I found a sweater for 400 czk(czech krowns), I knew that was all I was going to pay.

It is a little different here and I am finding it hard to get used to again(but it is really no big deal, I guess).

In the US, you will pick an item, lets say for $20 USD or about 400 czk, take it to the cashier and then pay state and local tax on it, currently 4% for the county I live in and another 4% for New York State tax; 8% in total. The item then costs $21.60.

I found it nice to just see a price in Prague and know it was all inclusive.

No comments:

Post a Comment