Saturday, April 2, 2011

Jazz at Horizons




This evening I went to a place I used to go to a lot when I lived in Fairport. A bar within an upscale Hotel called: Woodcliff. The bar is called: Horizons. It is in Fairport, perched high on a hill, over looking a valley, with great sunsets, surrounded by woods and a golf course. ...and on Saturday evenings they have live Jazz from a regular Jazz Pianist whose music I have grown up with since University: Gap Mangione. A tremendous pianist and the brother of another famous Jazz musician: Chuck Mangione, both whom are Rochester natives.

So this evening was my first foray out into the evening music and wine scene. Tonight was also the first time I have enjoyed a glass of wine since returning to the states, believe it or not. I wish you were here.

The California Pinot was nice and light, following by a refreshing California Chardonnay, equally light and satisfying. The Jazz was superb. Gap was his usual light fingered self as I always have heard him and right on target. Delightful. I wish I had one of you there to join me here on Saturday night.

..and the total for two(2) glasses of wine, not including tip: are you ready for this: $18,90 or about 400 czk. Ach 'freakin' jo!!!

Two glasses of great Czech wine at "my cafe" in Prague, not including tip was: 110 czk.

I will post pictures tomorrow morning as I have a cup of coffee in the Pittsford Coffee shop. I can't post pix via this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment