Sunday, April 24, 2011

Eastern; ne...Easter



..no, we say Easter. Happy Easter to everyone on this Easter Sunday.

I thought I would show some "eggs" that I found I enjoyed in the Czech Republic, although they are for children, not really for Adults. But I really liked them.

Kinder Eggs. A Hollow Chocolate Egg made up of two quite thin layers of Chocolate: the outside layer is Milk Chocolate and directly under the outside layer is a layer of White Chocolate. Inside this hollow egg is a Yellow oblong plastic container which hold several small plastic parts which can be made into a small toy (bottom photo).

I remember a friend's son who loved these eggs and the toys inside. It was always so much fun watching him enjoy one of these eggs.

As you can see in the photo above, I brought back several, as well as, a couple special 'Non-kinder' brand egg varieties; Bob-the-builder and Winnie-the-pooh. The two yellow eggs are a couple candles I bought in Prague to "complete egg carton".

And after bringing these home in March, I found out these are actually contraband here in the US. Yes, that is right! I never knew that. It is illegal to bring these into the US! due to the possibility that small children may choke on the small toy parts. Therefore the US has make them illegal. In fact, one was taken from a woman recently going through US Customs when she was returning from Europe.

Well, I certainly would not give them to a small child over here.. in fact, now I will just eat them all up...just in case homeland security now comes knocking at my door TO confiscate them, now that I have posted this.

God Bless our US lawmakers for making this a crime(NOT). Of course, Now, there are probably a group of US lawyers that are dedicated ONLY to prosecuting 'Kinder Egg' criminals.

No comments:

Post a Comment